Ho ho ho! As 2020 draws to a close, James and Sam cook up a creamy and dreamy feast of scrambled eggs and pig brains in a very special live recorded Christmas episode of The Aporkalypse Podcast.
Scrambled Eggs &
- 4tbsp olive oil (you will need quite a lot of oil to prevent the brains sticking to the pan
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pork brain (diced roughly)
- 3 eggs beaten
- Few sprigs of fresh parsely, finely chopped
- Decent crusty bread, cut in to slices to make toast
- Heat the oil over a medium-high heat in a frying pan. Add the onions and sautee for around five minutes until translucent.
- Add the garlic and sautee for a further minute until fragrant.
- Add the diced pig brains and continue to sautee. Stir frequently to ensure they do not get stuck to the pan.
- Meanwhile, put your bread in the toaster and toast to your liking. Your brains mixture will be wet, so it’s worth toasting your bread for a little longer than you might usually to help stop it going soggy.
- Add your eggs to the brain and onion mixture, and cook for a further 3 or 4 minutes, to taste.
- To serve, put your toast on a plate and then pile the eggy brain mixture on top. Sprinkle over the parsely, then salt and pepper. Bon appétit!